Place and dates of the Congress
The 3rd International Congress on Ethics and Tourism will be held on 27 – 28 April 2017 in Krakow, Poland. The sessions of the Congress will take place at the ICE Congress Centre (www.icekrakow.pl). The opening ceremony, which will be followed by a keynote speech, will take place on Thursday, 27 April 2017, at 14:30, at the same Congress centre. Session I will take place on the same day at 16:30 and will be followed by a debate.
Sessions II, III and IV will take place on Friday 28 April 2017, at the same ICE Congress Centre. The closing remarks of the Congress are scheduled for the afternoon of 28 April.
Registration and badges
Registration for the Congress will be online. Participants are requested to complete the registration form no later than Monday, 17 April 2017.
The registration desk will be located at the ICE Congress Centre (Ground floor, Entrance nº 3 from Bułhaka Street, opposite to Park Inn Hotel) and will be open from 12:00 on Thursday, 27 April.
Identification badges will be issued at the ICE Congress centre upon completing registration. Participants are kindly requested to wear their identification badges throughout the Congress session in the area reserved for the meetings and at all social events.
Visas will be required for participants of those countries whose nationals require a visa to enter Polish territory. For a list of countries whose nationals require a visa or are exempt from such requirement, please visit the following web page:
For the list of diplomatic and consular missions of Poland with their respective countries of jurisdiction, please visit http://www.msz.gov.pl/en/travel_to_poland/polands_missions_abroad/
Due to European Union regulations, NO visas-on-arrival can be issued. Participants are kindly requested to make the necessary arrangements to obtain their visas beforehand.
Access to Krakow
The city of Krakow is located in southern Poland, almost 300 km south from Warsaw.
Several airlines operate direct flights (some daily) from major European airports to John Paul II International Airport in Krakow. Participants can also choose to fly to nearby airports such as:
From Krakow airport to the city centre:
- Krakow airport / city centre: 20 minutes by taxi (approximately 25-30 €) or 30 minutes by direct train to Central Station (approximately 2€ per one way ticket)
- Krakow Airport / ICE Congress Centre: approximately 20 minutes by taxi, or 30 minutes by train to Central Station (approximately 2€ per one way ticket) and then taxi from Central Station to ICE Congress Centre (approximately 5 €)
- Warsaw Airport / Krakow city centre: 3h by train or 5 hours by car
ICE Congress Centre
Warsaw Chopin Airport
Special offer: Discounted travel with Lufthansa Group Partner Airlines
Lufthansa Group Partner Airlines offer a comprehensive global route network linking major cities around the world and discounted fares (3% – 10%) to the participants of the 3rd International Congress on Ethics and Tourism 2017 in Krakow.
Valid Travel Period: 13 April – 7 May 2017
Valid Origins: Worldwide (excluding Japan)
Valid Destinations: Krakow, Katowice, Warszawa
Access code: PLZJILJ
To make a reservation, please click on www.lh.com/event-flight-booking and enter the access code PLZJILJ in the “Access to Your Special Lufthansa Offer” area. This will open an online booking platform that will automatically calculate the discount offered or provide you with an even better offer if another promotional fare is available.
NOTE: Pop-ups must be enabled otherwise the booking platform window will not open.
These promotional fares are also available through your IATA / ARC travel agent. Travel agents can obtain ticketing instructions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the access code (PLZJILJ) as a reference.
Languages of the Congress
The official languages of the Congress will be English and Polish. Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in these languages.
Free Internet connection will be made available to participants.
- Local currency and exchange rates: The official currency of Poland is the Zloty (PLN). The exchange rate applicable as of 19 January 2017 is approximately 1 EUR to 4.37 PLN (1 USD 4.21 PLN).Banks are open from Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 18:00. Exchange offices can be found all around Krakow, and are clearly marked. ATMs are widely available around the city and shops accept major credit cards.
- Weather: In April, Krakow enjoys pleasant fresh days and cool nights. The average maximum temperature range between 12 to 20 ºC while the average minimum is 3 ºC. It may rain.
- Official languages: Polish.
- Local time in Krakow: GMT +1
- Electricity: Electric power in Krakow is 230 volts, 50 hertz alternating current. Outlets take plugs with two round pins. In any case, most hotels have adaptors for different plug types. Please make sure that the electrical devices you will be using (computers, mobile phone chargers, electric shavers…) are suitable for this voltage, otherwise transformers or batteries are advisable.
- Health requirements and precautions: No vaccinations are required to enter Poland.
- Medical services: Krakow has a good network of health centres (primary care services) and hospitals. The venue of the meeting will have indications on the closest medical services providing first aid.